23 ways to save at Stampede 2023
Calgary – The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth is just two weeks away and to help you plan for the annual celebration, we’re taking June 23 to share 23 ways to save money at Stampede 2023.
With the Calgary Stampede’s exclusive Value Deals, you can spend all day at the Stampede, without spending a lot. Save on admission, rides, and games with deals that buck the trend:
- Stampede SuperPass: Unlimited entry all 10 days of Stampede! Experience 10 days of music and fun for $49 plus GST, available online and at participating Sobeys, Safeway, IGA. Don’t delay as this offer only lasts until July 6.
- Ride All Day: Save more than 25% with Ride All Day Cards! Purchase a Ride All Day Card in-store for $44.99 plus GST at participating Sobeys, Safeway and IGA until July 6 or while supplies last.
- Buck the Line: Round up all your friends and Buck-the-Line by purchasing your VIP pass now for 10 days of boot stompin’ and bands. Buck the Line admits guests (18+ only) to Stampede Park and provides VIP no-line access to Nashville North, for individual nights or all 10 days!
- Circle K - 2 for $33: Visit any participating Circle K location to purchase two Calgary Stampede General Admission tickets and two 500ml Coca-Cola® products for $33.
- Spend $5, Get $10 at Calgary Co-Op: Until July 7, save $10 on Calgary Stampede General Admission when you spend $5 on any participating Coca-Cola® beverages at any Calgary Co-Op Grocery or Gas location.
- Stampede Lotteries Offer: Buy a Lotteries ticket before July 6 and receive 50% off Rodeo and Evening Show tickets.
- Bud & Barbeque: Pair hot barbeque with cold beer and sizzling rodeo competition for a smoking deal. For $39 plus GST, get admission to Stampede Park, tarmac tickets to the Rodeo and a voucher for beef on a bun and a Budweiser beer.
- GMC Denali Evening Show Family Package: Bring your family to Stampede Park for the full Evening Show experience without paying full price. Enjoy the Cowboys Rangeland Derby, Relay Races, Bell Grandstand Show, a spectacular fireworks finale and admission to Stampede Park on the day of the show. For $99, this package includes one adult and one youth ticket to the Evening Show, plus free popcorn with your youth ticket and a discount on additional ticket add-ons.
- Rush Pass: You heard it here first, the Rush Pass is returning for Stampede 2023. Get admission to Stampede Park and skip the line at The Big Four Roadhouse, where you can eat, drink, play and dance – all under one roof! Watch for this pass to go on sale in the coming days. This deal is for guests 18+ only.
There are so many experiences to enjoy once you step onto Stampede Park and there is no shortage of fun to be had, free with admission:
- Dog Bowl presented by Voilà: The Dog Bowl brings The Canine Stars to Stampede Park, an elite troupe of highly-trained pupper athletes who are paws-down the most lovable performers around. From agility poles and dock-diving, to frisbee and freestyle dancing, this action-packed show is sure to impress the whole family.
- Monster Energy Compound: Get your heart racing and adrenaline pumping at the exhilarating Monster Energy Compound! Riders will showcase extreme skills, high-flying flips, tricks and jaw-dropping stunts with daily Freestyle Motocross shows.
- Agriculture and Western Events Competitions: From the Vintage Tractor Pull to the World Stock Dog Championships, watch western events and programs come to life through thrilling competitions, every day of the Calgary Stampede.
- The Grand Illusionist Magic Show: See astonishing magic tricks that are worthy of the Las Vegas strip in this fun, interactive show. Step into another world at the Stage of Wonders, located in the BMO Centre, as the Grand Illusionist Magic Show demonstrates mind-boggling magic that will leave you wondering, “How did they do that!?”
- SOAR Aerial Circus: Look up, way up, to watch gravity-defying aerialists, incredible acrobats, and amazing contortionists! See this show that’s brand new to the Stampede on the Stage of Wonders located inside the BMO Centre.
- Concerts: The Calgary Stampede is renowned for giving fans a full music festival experience and this year is no exception. Enjoy the summer's ultimate live music experience at the Coca-Cola stage, Nashville North and The Big Four Roadhouse.
- Kitchen Theatre: Stir things up with Kitchen Theatre at the Calgary Stampede! Now located at The Range Food Hall in the lower level of The Big Four, watch, taste and be inspired by new flavorful creations at the Kitchen Theatre Stage.
- Stampede Powwow: The Calgary Stampede Powwow returns to the Scotiabank Saddledome for two days of competition on July 12 & 13. Featuring the best dancers and drummers from across Canada and the United States, you’re invited to this unforgettable competition and celebration of cultures at Stampede, all free with admission to Stampede Park!
- Community Stage at the Market: Immerse yourself in international culture at The Market inside the BMO Centre. See inspiring performances of dance, music and traditions from around the world!
- Agriculture Showcases: Visit the Agriculture Zone presented by Brandt and experience a combination of demonstrations, hands-on experiences, interaction with animals, agriculture, western history and events.
- Historical Tours: Stampede like a pro by taking a guided walking tour of Stampede Park with the Historical Committee and Stampede Staff. Celebrate 100 years of chuckwagon racing with a behind-the-scenes tour, with the chance to meet a driver, or learn about Stampede history, events and insider tips with a tour around the Park.
Since it’s not our first rodeo, here’s a little Free Advice to make the most of your time at Stampede 2023:
- Happy Hour at The Big Four Roadhouse: Buy a round for your friends, without breaking the bank, during Happy Hour at The Big Four Roadhouse. Pop into this iconic venue for $5 highballs, $5 domestic beer and $10 off The Buckle-Up Platter until 5 p.m. all Stampede long.
- Milk and Cookies Shack: Enjoy a sweet treat for just a toonie. Located outside the Agriculture building, guests can learn where milk comes from — and then sit and relax, while enjoying this refreshing snack offered at just $2.
- The Range Food Market: Leave the Midway, cool down, and enjoy delicious food options. Visit The Range Food Market on the lower level of the Big Four Building for an incredible combination of artisan food vendors, along with some iconic big brand names to feed your family.
Lastly, a reminder that with the Calgary Stampede’s Value Days, you can have even more fun for less money. Here’s a recap of what’s happening this year:
Sneak-A-Peek: Thursday, July 6 – With half-off gate admission, this is your chance to check out Stampede a day before the Parade officially kicks it off.
Parade-To-Park presented by Suncor: Friday, July 7 – Go straight from the Parade to Stampede Park and receive free admission from 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tim Hortons Family Day: Sunday, July 9 – Bring the whole family to the Calgary Stampede and celebrate with FREE fun for everyone. Admission is free until 11 a.m., a free pancake breakfast in the GMC Stadium Courtyard from 8-10 a.m. while quantities last, and a free variety show from 8-10 a.m. in GMC Stadium.
TC Energy Community Day: Tuesday, July 11 – Free admission for everyone from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and free admission all day long and free breakfast for Seniors (65+) and Military Veterans in front of the Nutrien Western Event Centre until 11 a.m., while quantities last.
BMO Kids’ Day: Wednesday, July 12 – Stampede with your little ones with FREE breakfast in the GMC Stadium Courtyard from 8-9:30 a.m. while quantities last, and a FREE variety show from 8-10 a.m. Free entry all day for kids 12 & under | FREE entry for everyone until 10 a.m.
About the Calgary Stampede
The Calgary Stampede celebrates the people, the animals, the land, the traditions and the values that make up the unique spirit of the west. The Calgary Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through our world-renowned Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together, we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and celebrates our western heritage, cultures and community spirit. All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Communications & Media Relations